That’s right, I’m talking about WATER!!
So, what do we know about water? Well, it’s a clear liquid; it’s a combination of two parts hydrogen and one part oxygen; and it has no real taste or odor (unless you live in California, New York or New Jersey, where it ends up tasting like metal pipe and ocean sewage – am I right? Am I right??)
Water has a lot of uses – so many, in fact, that without it this planet wouldn’t survive more than ONE day, if that! Here are just a few things water’s used for:
- Plant food
- Washing things
- Growing things
- Fighting fires
- Balloon fights
- Ice/Freezing things
- Clearing up the atmosphere from dust via rain
- Making it possible for fish and other water creatures to live
- Generating electricity
- A prime ingredient in every beverage on earth
- Flushing human waste away from our living places
- Filling in swimming pools (what else could they be filled with? Anyone wanna try swimming around in dirt? Rock beds? Wood?)
- Turning sand into clay
- Cooling metals when turning them into steel
- Important element in many daily items (shampoo, lotions, chemicals, drugs, etc.)
- Transportation (i.e. boats, ferry’s)
- Helping the body produce saliva & prevent lip chapping
And this is just the tip of the iceberg – which, ironically enough, you also need water for to produce!
Ah, water… now THAT’S something to be thankful for!
– Aaron P. Taylor